Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hasbro Titanium

Previously, I talked about the discontinued line of Hasbro's 2" Battlepack Unleashed and 7" Unleashed figure. Another discontinued line was the Titanium series. These were the often diecast vehicles of Star Wars which ran from 199x to 200?.  Overall I've collected only a few of these mostly the ones from the original trilogy.  The iconic ones were Tie Figther variants including Vader's, bomber, defender and interceptor. On the rebel side, Y-wing, B-wings, A-wings and snowspeeder.  




I had the Millenium Falcon (ultra class) which was the bigger version of the typical 3" titaniums.


 

I had since sold off most of these leaving only the capital ships like the Star Destroyer and rebel transports since I had collected the 3 3/4" versions.  Although mostly accurate in terms of shape and paint job, the titanium series was not produced in a uniform scale. 



An OCD like me would be troubled when displaying the titaniums together as some looks bigger than the other.


No comments: